CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

June 8, 2008

Wow, it's been a while since I have updated the blog! So sorry, things are just a bit crazy here! The boys baseball is winding down, well kind of! Both of their teams are in the playoffs, so we are juggling that along with our church co-ed softball team! Kenzie's last day of school was the 6th (my bday) so summer has officially started for her! I am happy to report that Kenzie's seizure activity is slowing down! We are now averaging 10 seizures a day! How awesome! So now we have to get through the boys' last week of school, then summer is here for our family! It will be so nice not to rush in the morning and go to the pool! Kenzie loves the water! So do the boys! I am hoping that things will go better this summer, now that she is off Keppra! Kenzie will go to summer school from July 28th - August 15th. She will receive services (ot, pt and speech) when she is in school and she will also see other kids her own age. That will also be a nice break for her.

On Tuesday Kenzie has her first speech therapy appt! I am very excited about this! We have never search out speech out side of school before. Our insurance would only pay $1500 lifetime max! Which is just crazy! The benefits changed this year to year max and I thought it's something we should try even if we only do this over the summer. The therapist came highly recommend by a few moms I know and I really think this is going to be good for her!

On the 17th we have a follow up visit with her geneticist. This will be her first time seeing Kenzie since she has started having atonic seizures. I'm anxious to see what she will think about these new seizures! We shall see!

I will do my best to update the blog every 2 weeks, sorry it's taken me so long! Thanks for your patience! Until next time!!!!

0 comments: